Sr. Sales Engineer - US East Coast
The Sales Engineer is a senior, customer-focused Technical Sales professional who provides pre-sales support and guidance to customers, and collaborates with Territory Managers and Partners to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
US East Coast · Full Time
Our Sales Engineers are senior, customer-focused Technical Sales professionals who provide sales support and guidance to customers, and collaborate with Account Managers and Partners to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings. In this role, you will be expected to provide your technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance of Insight Engines products. You will assist the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions. This role requires an in-depth understanding of IP Networking, Network Security, Threat Mitigation, and Log Analysis products.
- Participate in the pre/post sales process to understand customer requirements, technical objectives, and product features
- Design solutions to meet customer business/technical objectives
- Work with internal and external delivery teams to map, design, and produce system integrations, including custom scripting as required
- Provide feedback to Product Management based on sales organization and customer generated feedback
- Ensure proposals are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership
- Design, develop, and maintain a dynamic lab environment that can be rapidly configured to suit specific customer needs
- Willingness to travel to support US east coast customer deployments
- 5+ years pre-sales experience in the computer security industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline, or 5+ years equivalent technology experience.
- Experience communicating through written and verbal forms to executive leadership.
- Experience managing IT systems projects in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale network security controls.
- Experience with highly technical projects and hands-on implementation.
- 7+ years experience in a technology field such as system development, IT systems management or data networking.
- Familiarity with information security, system engineering, and cloud computing.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Excellent organization, analytical, quantitative, and presentation skills.
- Ability to able to coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
Insight Engines, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.