NLP/Search Engineer - San Francisco, CA
As an NLP/Search Engineer on our technology team, you will work on the core of our natural language query engine. This means you’ll get to build cutting edge technologies using semantic parsing, question answering, and query understanding. You’ll get to wear many hats, touch many parts of our system, and have a significant impact on our products.
Natural Language Processing &
San Francisco, CA · Full Time
As an integral part of our technology team, you will work on the core of our natural language query engine. This means you’ll get to build cutting edge technologies using semantic parsing, question answering, and query understanding. You’ll get to wear many hats, touch many parts of our system, and have a significant impact on our products.
But, we do not do deep learning on big data (yet). We’re a team building an NLP solution with small corpora, without access to giant GPU clusters in the cloud. Practical constraints breed creative solutions, and the problems we focus on include but are not limited to:
- Bootstrapping a corpus from limited data
- Maintaining high precision while increasing recall
- On-premise machine learning & NLP
- Indexing & understanding messy data
- Helping people navigate large, complex datasets
So, if you desire to create technologies that change the way people interact with machines, you’ll love working with us. When applying, please tell us about some of the real world problems you have worked on using NLP, ML, and/or search (information recall) techniques.
- 2+ years experience in the software development industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline, or 5+ years equivalent technology experience.
- Experience with highly technical projects and hands-on implementation.
Specifically, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate proficiency in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Syntactic & Semantic Parsing
- Machine Translation & Compilers
- Text Classification & Clustering
- Search Indexing & Fuzzy Matching
- Question Answering & Query Understanding
- Data Analytics & Error Analysis
- Machine Learning for NLP
- Python, Unix/Linux, SQL
Insight Engines, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.